Well, we have had quite the afternoon here. Our day started with a fun trip to the park with some friends, on a wonderfully warm sunny day. When we got home Ella was getting ready for her nap on her bed when she took a step and slipped off the side of the bed banging her head on the nightstand. There were lots of screams, and blood gushing out of the back of her head. I do not do well with blood, so I am very thankful that Tim was here. We pressed a cold cloth to her head to get it to stop bleeding and then we took a closer look. Yep, we could tell by the size of the wide open gash that she was going to need stitches. Again, I am very thankful that Tim was here, because he took her to get her stitches. I do not think that I would have been able to stop myself from crying (okay sobbing hysterically) when they put the staples in her head. Yes…you heard that right….STAPLES!! When did they stop sewing stiches??? Tim said that she was screaming and they had a hard time getting her to calm down and sit still for the second staple. He did however say that when the doctor was cleaning the wound, she was very brave and said that it didn’t hurt, even though Tim could tell by her face that it did. My poor little baby!! I was at home, just sick to my stomach thinking about them. Tim took her to get an ice cream after, and that always makes everything better. By the time she got home, she was able to calmly tell me about everything that happened at the doctor, and she has been in good spirits since she got home. In a few minutes we are going to give her a bath to clean all of the blood out of her hair, so we’ll see how she does when it gets wet.
I debated putting some pictures up of this, but I decided that this blog is a little scrapbook of our life, and I want to remember everything.
Below are some kind-of gross pictures, so if you are easily grossed out, you might not want to look.
Here she is when she got home. Her hair and sweater all bloody.
Her staples.
Wonderful smiles, just what Mommy needed to see!
Oh my goodness that poor sweet little girl. I'm so sorry. I know that had to be the scariest thing. Hope she is feeling better today. Love ya'll.
ReplyDeleteOh poor little Ella. What a trooper. I'm not excited to any future injuries, and I know there are many to come.
ReplyDelete