Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Camping with Yogi Bear

I know that I am SO far behind!  This is from when we went camping at Jellystone Park at the  beginning of June.  We have been in Michigan for the past 2 1/2 weeks, and I am really going to try and catch up.

IMG_8816fix

After we arrived and got our tent set up, (and Ella set up Emily’s tent and her “room”)…

IMG_8750fix

we had some dinner…

IMG_8684fixIMG_8686fix

went on a bubble hayride…

IMG_8698fixIMG_8709fixIMG_8719fixIMG_8721fix

walked around the park…

IMG_8725fixIMG_8739fix

meet Yogi Bear!….

IMG_8757fixIMG_8758fixIMG_8761fix

and ended the evening with a movie under the stars.

IMG_8772fix

The next day we explored some more…

IMG_8814fixIMG_8822fix

made pirate hats…

IMG_8831fixIMG_8832fix

played with this in the Ranger Station…

IMG_8836fix

flew a kite…

IMG_8876fix

played with some animals…

IMG_8909fixIMG_8912fix

took a train ride…

IMG_8928fixIMG_8936fix

rode some animals…

IMG_8952fixIMG_8953fixIMG_8959fix

played Bingo…

IMG_8965fix

took another train ride…

IMG_8973fixIMG_8980fix

and ended the day with some s’mores!

IMG_8996fixIMG_8997fixIMG_9003fix

Yum!

IMG_9015fixIMG_9023fix

On our last day we ate some breakfast…

IMG_9053fix

did some fishing…

IMG_9060fix

blew some bubbles…

IMG_9073fixIMG_9079fix

and went to the playground while daddy took down the tent…

IMG_9093fixIMG_9101fix

Then when everything was picked up we went to the pool for one last time!

IMG_9113fixIMG_9119fixIMG_9125fixIMG_9144fixIMG_9146fixIMG_9153fix

It was a wonderful weekend, and the kids had a lot of fun!  Tim and I both agreed though that we didn’t feel like we were truly “camping”.  All of the activities kept us busy and we were barely even at our campsite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment