Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

So about 5 days after we get back from Florida, we find this outside!

It started at about 10 o’clock PM, and it came down fast.  This picture was taken about an hour after it started.

IMG_7491IMG_7496                              Snow Angels!                   IMG_7499                               Our backyard.IMG_7519IMG_7525                   Shoveling off her toys.IMG_7532IMG_7540IMG_7548IMG_7553IMG_7562IMG_7564IMG_7570                        Hot Chocolate break.         IMG_7574IMG_7579                     Then out for a wagon ride around the neighborhood.IMG_7593 Daddy teaching Ella how to make a snowball.IMG_7594IMG_7601                     Catching snowflakes.IMG_7622IMG_7626IMG_7628IMG_7632IMG_7645IMG_7654IMG_7663IMG_7668IMG_7677

We had a great time out in the snow.  It actually stayed really cold, and the snow all turned to ice the rest of the week.  The kids around here didn’t have school all week, and a lot of other places like the malls, etc.  were closed as well.  Atlanta has over 4 million people living here, and they only have 10 salt trucks, so basically the only road clearing done here is by mother nature and the sun.

I have to say that I was excited to take the kids out to play in the snow, but after 5 days of it I wonder how I ever lived in Michigan.  I was definitely ready for it to go away and get warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment