Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 1

The first day of December, I can hardly believe it!  I wanted to do an advent calendar that had different activities for Ella to do everyday, or a little treat.  I thought that these little tree/cones would be perfect.  She gets to see what is under them in the morning and then we will do that activity at some point during the day.

IMG_4942IMG_4943

Day 1:  Have a North Pole breakfast.

IMG_5038

On the first day of December Santa delivered us breakfast with a special gift for Ella and Cavner.

IMG_4904IMG_4906IMG_4912IMG_4922

Santa brought us snowballs to eat.

IMG_4950

Christmas tree pancakes.

IMG_4965

Hot Chocolate.

IMG_5006

and “kisses” from Santa and all of his elves (a hershey kiss from Santa, and white chocolate chips from his elves)

-This was her favorite part!

IMG_4910

IMG_4967IMG_4974IMG_4980IMG_4988

Her first sip of Hot Cocoa. 

IMG_5013

Of course, there was also dancing…

IMG_5026

Then they got to open their present from Santa.  What could it be????

IMG_5042IMG_5046IMG_5055

It’s an elf that Santa sent to make sure that Cavner and Ella are being good.  Ella decided that she wanted to name him “Goody”. 

IMG_5056

Here is Goody watching Ella and Cavner.  Every morning he is in a new place for Ella to find him.  I wonder where he’ll be tomorrow?

IMG_5058

Another Advent activity that we are doing is unwrapping a Christmas story every night and reading it as a family.  This is now our book shelf in the playroom. 

IMG_5066

Ella unwrapping our first story.

IMG_5069

Snowmen at Christmas

IMG_5072

It was so nice to all read a bedtime story together, we usually divide and conquer this task.  It does make for an extra challenge though, because Cavner talks a lot, and tries to grab the book making it hard for Ella to listen to the story and see the pictures.

Overall, it was a WONDERFUL first day of December.  One of many new memories and traditions.  I think that I am as excited as Ella waking up and seeing what activity we’ll be doing each day. 

Oh how I love Christmas with kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so everything about this post is just too cute. Our Elf's name is Earnie. So funny. Although the whole bee nice b/c Earnie will tell Santa to put you on the naughty list isn't always working for Jake. He told me yesterday he wanted to be on the naughty list. What?????

    ReplyDelete